In December 2014, Neil and Sam met on a yacht charter in the Caribbean. It soon became clear that they shared a dream – to set up a sailing and travel business that focussed on making their guests precious holiday time the most memorable it could be.
They wasted no time and set up BlueFoot Travel in May 2016. For the first five years, they were owners and crew on sailing yacht Nemo, making magical memories with their guests that they will cherish for a lifetime. Based on their reviews they did a pretty good job of making their guest’s sailing holidays the best they could be!
The BlueFoot Travel Experience
How did they get such rave reviews? By delivering above and beyond on the BlueFoot Travel experience, which is focussed on these core elements:
- Off the beaten track sailing with commercially endorsed captains and crew
- Sailing and island life experiences all in one fun trip
- Support local communities while travelling with Pack for A Purpose
- Friendly crew! Join as guests…leave as friends
- Hands-on sailing experience and free informal sailing tuition
- Sailing in style with safety and quality first
- Small group sizes. Ideal for solo, single travellers, couples and small groups of family or friends
- All-inclusive – delicious meals and bar tailored to you
Whilst Sam and Neil sailed all over the Caribbean, they also had the pleasure of meeting lots of other professional yacht crews and their yachts that offer yacht charters and cabin charters in sailing hotspots around the world.
Meet Neil & Sam
New Experience Elements On Offer
So after five great years at sea, they decided in 2021 that it was time to expand the BlueFoot Travel experience. How could they make it better you ask? By handpicking the best yachts and crews they have met and representing them through BlueFoot Travel.
So BlueFoot Travel’s Experience will now expand to include the following elements as well:
- A selection of new yachts, personally selected by Neil and Sam, that will offer cabin charter sailing holidays
- Whole Yacht charters on all types of sailing yacht. Yes, including sailing catamarans!
- New destinations including Atlantic Crossings, the Mediterranean and the UK (coming soon)
Sadly it was not possible to continue crewing on their own boat Nemo and expand the business. So, Neil and Sam will be landlubbers for a while, with the occasional sailing trip or flotilla where they will still get to enjoy being the crew on board.