Need further assistance?
We understand you may have a lot of questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it impacts yacht charter bookings.
Please find below our latest travel and quarantine guidelines which will be updated regularly based on updates and advice issued by the CDC, WHO and local government entities.
Can I book a charter for a date in the future?
Absolutely! There is a huge demand to get out and travel again and yacht charters are proving very popular. If you are planning a sailing vacation we would love to help you book it.
Are there any vaccination criteria for booking a yacht charter?
Yes. No matter how big the yacht is you are sailing on, you will be in close quarters with other guests and your crew.
For the safety of yourself and your crew, please ensure you are fully vaccinated at least 4 weeks before your sailing trip.
If you are sailing inter-island this will also reduce quarantine times mandated by island governments.
Will PCR testing costs be covered by the yacht?
No. Additional costs introduced by islands to address COVID19 will not be covered by the all-inclusive price of your yacht charter. For example, PCR tests, quarantine accommodation, additional customs and immigration fees.
What travel and quarantine advisories are in place for the Caribbean?
Here are the latest travel and quarantine advisories for countries where we offer sailing trips. Please ensure you read the latest Travel advisory before planning your flights for your sailing trip. Please confirm your flight details with BlueFoot Travel before booking your flights.
What cleaning measures are yachts putting in place when chartering?
Charter yachts are extremely clean and even before Covid19, crews would be proud about how clean their yachts are.
As always a deep clean of the yacht and equipment on board will take place between each charter and this will continue to be done.
In addition, yachts are focused on adding additional measures such as the ones below. The country where a yacht operates will be responsible for setting the specific guidelines.
Yacht Cleanliness Pre Charter Pickup
- Wherever possible the yacht will have no visitors on board for 48 hours before your arrival to reduce the risk of contamination for future guests.
The following areas will be included in the deep clean above deck:
- All railings
- Helm, engine gear throttle and navigation equipment
- Cockpit table and seating area
- Clutches, winches and winch handles
- Anchor locker and windlass
- All exterior cushions will be washed after each charter
The following areas will be included in the deep clean below deck:
- Door and window handles
- All electric switches
- Saloon and navigation table and seating area
- Galley, galley equipment, dishes, glasses, knives. spoons…
- Heads and showers
- Cabins, linen, doors, lockers and all exposed surfaces
Food and boat provisioning
- Yachts have always taken great care to ensure that any food brought onboard is stored correctly and is undamaged before the charter.
- In addition, the crew will disinfect all containers and packaging brought onto the boat and ensure that fresh produce is washed and stored appropriately.
- Your crew will wear government recommended protective gear at all times when in contact with guests and visitors at pick up points and shore visits.
- Crews will temperature-check regularly.
- Crews will adhere to social distancing guidelines on all the islands we visit.
Cleanliness During Charter
- Sanitizer suitable for hands and surfaces will be available in cabins and shared spaces.
- All surfaces in communal areas (cockpit, companionway, cabin doors and galley/saloon) will be sanitized regularly.
- While on charter everyone will monitor their health and local authorities will be notified if there are any passengers with COVID-19 symptoms.
What can guests do to help?
- We ask that you are vaccinated. No matter how big the yacht is you are sailing on, you will be in close quarters with other guests and your crew. For the safety of yourself and your crew, please ensure you are fully vaccinated at least 4 weeks before your sailing trip. If you are sailing inter-island this will also reduce quarantine times mandated by island governments.
- We ask that our guests adhere to social distancing guidelines in the country/countries you are sailing to and from.
- Please bring your own mask(s) and PPE equipment, as many islands you will be sailing to are unable to provide them.
- Please wear masks once you land until you meet your crew.
- Agree to have a temperature test upon arrival and departure. The test must be below 38C / 100.4F.
- Let us know immediately is you suspect you may be infected or suffering from Covid19 symptoms.
- If you wish to go snorkelling bring your own snorkel and mask due to safety reasons. Fins will still be available.
BlueFoot Travel is doing its best to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions as it relates to all the sailing trips on offer.
We are updating our website as fast as we can, but if you are joining us on a trip it is your responsibility to check your specific travel requirements by consulting your destination’s Government and health authorities, your chosen airline, embassies and other official departments. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.